Thursday, August 7, 2008

Police More On Framing Anwar Instead Being Fair

Source: Malaysiakini


Police recorded statements twice

In his statutory declaration, Mohd Osman also recounted three visits by two police officers from two different police districts - to record his statement.

He said that in July 2008, his statement was recorded by one ASP Rosmi Mat Derus from the Brickfields criminal investigation department (CID).

Mohd Osman explained that ASP Rosmi wrote down about nine or 10 pages of statements in Bahasa Malaysia and produced a printed copy the following week for his signature.

The doctor, who is from Burma, admitted he did not understand most of what was written in the statement as he is not proficient in Bahasa Malaysia.

When confronted with the printed copy, Mohd Osman had to make amendments with the policeman’s assistance.

saiful bukhari pusrawi hospital“I also pointed out to him that certain facts which has not been discussed in the previous meeting were introduced in the typed statements.

“The facts I queried was why the name of Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim appeared in several paragraphs when it was never brought up during the first interview, neither did the patient ever confide in me the identity of the alleged perpetrator.

“He (ASP Rosmi) replied that Anwar is the accused and I already by then knew Anwar was the accused after reading the newspaper,” he added.

Mohd Osman said that he had hesitated to sign the printed statement, but had done so “as I did not want to have any issues with the police”.

Left country with family

Mohd Osman described that a week later, one DSP Choo from the Dang Wangi CID also recorded his statement.

“She asked me to explain, all over again, and I complied by explaining everything that I knew in detail the whole procedures in relations to the examination on the patient,” he said.

“At the onset of the interview, she impressed upon me that I will be charged if I refuse to cooperate with the police.

“The seemingly constant and unending police investigation and being aware of the high-profile nature of the case has disturbed me tremendously and I become worried for my safety and that of my family.

“Approximately one week after the third visit by the police, I decided to apply for leave and left Malaysia with my family,” he said.

He was scheduled to resume his duties at Pusrawi Hospital on Aug 1 - incidentally the day he signed the statutory declaration - but cannot be contacted and has gone missing.

“I think he is afraid to return to duty,” said Pusrawi Hospital medical director Dr Kamaruddin Ahmad, according to mStar online yesterday.

0 comments: